Everyone loves a healthier spin on a family favorite!
1. Preheat oven to 350*F. Prepare dutch oven with EVOO and add whole chicken. Season chicken with 1/2 TBSP Garlic and Salt n Pepper.
2. Bake chicken inside dutch oven for 1.5 hours or until internal temperature 165*F (I encourage doing this the day before or weekend before you make the soup, in order to leave enough time to make the bone broth)
3. In dutch oven, large pot, or slow cooker - add all ingredients (including 1/2 cooked & shredded chicken. Save the other half of the chicken for another meal).
4. Cook for at minimum 90 minutes (remember those black beans weren't cooked) however the longer it cooks the better it tastes!
+ Let it cook all day long on low heat and keep checking broth level. May need to add additional broth or water if level gets low
Toppings (optional): greek yogurt, shredded organic cheese, avocado slices, cilantro
Bone Broth Making:
*Note ingredients for bone broth NOT included in above list.
1. Take your chicken bones and add into large pot or dutch oven. Boil bones for 8 hours (this helps release some of the calcium out of the bones too for extra health benefits, especially for those that don't eat dairy!)
2. Add 1/2 chopped onion, 3 garlic cloves, celery (other times I'll add turmeric but not for taco soup ;) )